- Key Terms. It would be helpful to start by explaining some key terms used in this policy:
We, us, our
L&M Solutions LLC
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual
- Personal Information We Collect About You. We may collect and use the following personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonable capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household: your name, physical address, email address, online identification within our website, credit card information, geolocated data, and Firearm Information. This personal information may be necessary to provide our services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing service to you.
- How Your Personal Information is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text, email, and our website. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records); and
- From cookies on our website.
- Affiliates who have directly integrated with our API
- How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, for example,:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- In some instances, where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own legal rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
What we use your personal information for
To provide services to you
For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
Marketing our services and those of selected third parties to:
- existing and former customers;
- third parties who have previously expressed an interest in our services;
- third parties with whom we have had no previous dealings.
For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to existing and former customers
- Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Contacting us at email@example.com or
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails, the “STOP” number in texts, or other means made available in the communication.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
- Who We Share Your Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our services to you, such as payment service providers and online services companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts;
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers;
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. We may attempt to anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
- Personal Information We Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose. In the preceding 12 months, we have sold or disclosed to one or more third parties the following categories of personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
- Identifiers (e.g., a real name, postal address, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers);
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Geolocation data
- Where Your Personal Information is Held. Information may be held at our offices and on the virtual servers that power our website and databases, third party agencies, service providers, representatives, and agents as described above (see above: “Who We Share Your Personal Information with”).
- How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.
- Keeping Your Personal Information Secure. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Call us, toll-free, at 859-279-2160; or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to contact directly by email you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you (e.g., your full name, address and customer or matter reference number);
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g., a copy of your invoice from us); and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
- Changes to This Privacy Notice. This privacy notice was published on 10/04/2021 and last updated on 10/04/2021. We may change this privacy notice from time to time–when we do, we will inform you by dating the updated policy on our website.
- Do You Need Extra Help? If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us at email@example.com.